Our sources for resins consist of a wide collection of chemistries and physical properties ranging from water based to solvent based, powder to bead, and low to high solids. These resins can be used in coatings, adhesives, inks, cosmetics, and building products. They can also be formulated to meet low to zero VOC products.
- Dianal America
- Dow Construction Chemicals
- H.B. Fuller Polymers
- JNS SmithChem
- OMNOVA Performance Chemicals
- Shin-Etsu MicroSi, Inc
Dianal America, a wholly owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Rayon Co., manufactures 100% acrylic solution polymer beads. Dianal produces coatings resins that add value to the inherent properties of objects made from metals, plastics, and paper.
Dianal products are based on:
- EMA – Modified Ethyl Methacrylate
- i-BMA – Modified Iso-butyl Methacrylate
- MMA – Modified Methyl Methacrylate
- BMA – Modified Butyl Methacrylate, modified Styrenic monomers.
Dow Construction Chemicals division manufactures spray-dried latex powders. The dispersion powders offer a variety of useful possibilities for building materials. Special properties for mineral-based materials include: improved workability, excellent adhesive strength on different surfaces, improved open time, hydrophobicity and abrasion resistance.
- DLP (Dispersed Latex Powders) – Vinyl Acetate Ethylene Copolymer
- VAE Redispersible Powders
- VAE/VeoVA Latex Powders
H.B. Fuller Polymers division manufactures water-based emulsions to the Adhesives, Construction, Coatings, Non-Wovens, Paints, and Arts & Crafts markets.
The trade names and chemical descriptions are:
- ELVACE® – Vinyl Acetate Ethylene (VAE).
- FULATEX®, PACE®, PLYAMUL® – Vinyl Acetate Homopolymer, Poly Vinyl Acetate.
- FULATEX, ACRYLTAC®, – Acrylic, Vinyl Acrylic, Styrene Acrylic, and Vinyl Acetate Ethylene.
JNS-SmithChem partners with world class suppliers of specialty emulsion polymers to provide customers with products for their specific needs.
- Styrene Acrylics
- Styrene Butadiene
OMNOVA Performance Chemicals is a leading innovator of emulsion polymers and specialty chemicals, which are used as binders, coatings, adhesives, and additives in a variety of applications. The acquisition of ELIOKEM combines two of the world’s leading technology innovators into a single, integrated global specialty chemicals provider. ELIOKEM manufactures and markets specialty emulsion polymers in dry and latex forms.
- AcryGen® – Acrylics/Styrene Acrylics
- Genflo® – Styrene Butadiene
- GenCryl® – Styrene Butadiene Acrylonitrile
- Lytron® – Opacifiers for cosmetic and household products
- Mor-Shine™ – Polymers for floor care
- Omna-Glo® – Synthetic Polymer
- Omnapel® – Hydrophobic Acrylic cement and gypsum modifier
- Sequabond® – Styrene Acrylics
- PLIOLITE® – Solid resins for solvent-based coatings
- PLIOTEC® – Waterborne resins for masonry, concrete, and anticorrosion coatings
- PLIOWAY® – High solubility, low odor, high solids, low V.O.C. resins
- HYDRO PLIOLITE® – Modified acrylate copolymer emulsions
- SOLBIN® – vinyl resins for solvent based inks and coatings
- VINYBLAN ®– vinyl copolymer resin emulsion for water based applications
- CHALINE®– silicone/acrylic hybrid resin in powder and emulsion forms.
- OLFINE® – acetylenic glycols for wetting, defoaming in waterborne applications.