We carry a full line of functional fillers, minerals and pigments. These products can enhance the physical characteristics and properties of your coatings, plastics, adhesives and allied applications. Some examples would be adding abrasion resistance, gloss control, chemical resistance and flattening in coatings and heat resistance, and flame retardancy and impact resistance in various polymers.
Click on a company name to go to a product line
- Active Minerals International
- Burgess Pigment
- EP Minerals
- IMERYS Talc
- Kinsley Materials
- Mississippi Lime
- R.J. Marshall
- Vanderbilt Minerals
- Veneta Mineraria
- Speciality Minerals Inc.
- U.S. Silica
- Ruby Lake
Active Minerals International produces high-quality attapulgite and air float kaolin products.
- Attapulgite Clays – Attapulgite Clay is a hydrous magnesium alumino silicate used as a binder, thixotrope, anti-settling agent, and rheology modifier in a wide variety of applications including water based paints, coatings, inks, adhesives, asphalt coatings, joint and caulking compounds.
- MIN-U-GEL® grades available
- Kaolin Clays – “Soft” air float Kaolin clays and “hard” clays used in various applications including filler for asphaltic roofing, rubber, adhesives, and ceramics.
- Acti-Gel 208
Cimbar supplies a broad range of Barium Sulfate products as well as Calcium Carbonate and Bentonite.
- Barytes BaSO4 Barium Sulfate
- Cimbar™ – High purity white Barytes.
- Barimite™ – High purity off-white Barytes.
- Miti-Wite – High purity Specialty grades.
- Bara grades – Economical Barytes for numerous extender and filler applications.
- Sodium Bentonite Clay
- Suspengel – Economical pigment suspension agent for water-borne formulations.
- Bentonite Clay
Burgess Pigment Company is a leading provider of functional anhydrous and hydrous aluminum silicates (Kaolin Clays) specifically designed to contribute key properties to your final product.
- Optipozz – Metakaolin
- Kaolin Products
o Thermo Optic Flash Calcined
o Water washed
EP Minerals produces CELATOM® Diatomaceous earth (Diatomite/Diatomaceous Silica). The products are used as flatting agents, thixatropes, fillers, and filter agents.
- CELATOM® Diatomaceous Earth (DE)
IMERYS Talc is the world leader in mining and supply of talc with 11 mines and 20 processing plants.
- Vertal® – Highly lamellar talc for flatting, film reinforcement, stain blocking properties.
- Nicron® – General purpose talc with high purity and high brightness for architectural and industrial coatings.
- Mistron® – Micronized talcs that serve as unique thixotropes and flatting pigments.
- JETFIL® and ARTIC MIST® – High purity, high brightness Canadian lamellar talc for outstanding fatting, moisture and barrier properties.
Kinsley Materials is a producer of ground Calcium Carbonate limestone products. These economical grades of limestone are produced in a York, PA plant and find usage in many applications including rubber compounding, plastics compounding, construction and building materials, coatings, and adhesives. Various particle sizes are available under the GPR trade name.
- GPR-200: 200 Mesh grade
- GPR-325: 325 Mesh grade
- GPR-6: 6 micron grade
- GPR-4: 4 micron grade
Mississippi Lime produces precipitated Calcium Carbonate, Calcium Carbonate, hydrated lime and quicklime (Calcium Oxide) products that serve customers coast-to-coast and internationally in a wide variety of markets ranging from industrial to food additive chemicals.
- Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC)
- Calcium oxide
- Standard Quicklime
- Pulverized Quicklime in both a treated and untreated form.
- Calcium hydroxide commonly referred to as hydrated lime.
RJ Marshall offers a broad base of products to both the cast polymer market and the wire and cable industry. R.J. Marshall’s flame retardant and smoke suppressant division, Marshall Additive Technologies, services a full range of particulate solutions to manufactures for a variety of applications.
- Flame Retardants (ATH, MgOH)
- Smoke Suppressants
- Antimony Trioxide Replacement Products
- ProLite™ Lightweight Fillers
Vanderbilt Minerals, LLC is a mining and milling operation that employs dry grinding, air milling, and air classification process.
- Vansil® Wollastonite
- Blanc Fixe – Precipitated Barium Sulfate
- USP Barium Sulfate
- Strontium Sulfate – low cost alternative to blanc fixe
- Cerium Oxide, Cerium Hydroxides – heat stabilizer for silicone elastomer
- Rare Earths
- Musovite Mica
Specialty Minerals Inc. (SMI) produces high-performance minerals: talc, precipitated calcium carbonate, ground calcium carbonate, lime, and dolomite.
- Vicron® fine ground calcium carbonate marble
- Marblewhite® ground calcium carbonate marble
- ATF course ground calcium carbonate marble
- Precipitated Calcium Carbonate (PCC)
- Albaglos® precipitated calcium carbonate – uncoated
- Super-Pflex® precipitated calcium carbonate – coated
- Ultra-Pflex® precipitated calcium carbonate – coated
- MultiPflex® precipitated calcium carbonate – uncoated
- Dolocron® pulverized dolomitic limestone
- Dolofil® milled dolomitic limestone
- MicroTuff® AG and MicroTalc® products are widely used in polyolefins for automotive and appliance parts. For blown and cast films, ABT®,
- Polybloc® and high clarity Optibloc® talc-based antiblocks.
- Talcron® and Sericron® talc series paints and coatings.
- Cercron® talcs used in specialty ceramics.
- MicroTalc® and UltraTalc® talc with high purity required for use in foods, pharmaceuticals and body powders.
- Natural Bentonites and Organo Clays – smectite clays, specifically, sodium and calcium montmorillonites (bentonites), hectorites, and magnesium aluminum silicates for use in Paints & Coatings, Foundries, and specialty household and consumer applications. Useful in gelling, binding, thickening, stabilizing, plasticizing, coagulating, emulsifying, absorbing and controlling rheology. The clays increase viscosity, stabilize emulsions and modify the consistency and feel of products.
- MINEX® – Micronized nepheline syenite specialty filler for paints, coatings and adhesives.
- MINEX® IG – Industrial coarse grade functional fillers.
- HiFill™ N – mineral additive for plastics
- MINBLOC® – Specialty micronized nepheline syenite for anti-block and improved thermicity in clear films.
- Snobrite® – air float kaolin
- Portaflame® SG – ATH, low viscosity ATH flame retardant
- Securoc® – Huntite /Hydromagnesite/Mixture
- Portaflame ® CA – calcium borate
- Portaryte – micronized barite
- IMSIL® – Microcrystaline silica
- Granusil® – high purity quartz sand
- Megasil® Spherical Alumina
- Silverbond® M Silica Flours
U.S Silica is the leading producer of high quality ground and unground silica sand.
- SIL-CO-SIL® Ground Silica – in more than ten uniform grades, ranging from 120 to 400 mesh in topsize
- MIN-U-SIL®, micronized silica, available in five grades, ranging from 40 microns down to 5 microns in topsize
- Sand – Unground Silica – U.S. Silica’s whole grain, unground sand available in a wide variety of grain shapes and size distributions to meet any application requirement
- Florisil® – highly selective adsorbent for clean up of pesticide residues and color in cannibis oil
- Recycled Glass
- Colored Recycled Glass